Sunday, January 24, 2010

KISS

I decide post something about hard rock band KISS. Eventually, as a rock and roll fan, I am a fan of them. We have to be honest and congratulate them for their work along all this time. Why choose I the KISS? Today I was listening music’s CD that I had bought yesterday and I paid a special attention for one specific song: “I was made for lovin’ you”. I guess I had never heard that song. I put the music very, very loud (max vol) and dance as I was in Disco( but I wasn’t… my living room is cool but not so much). I can say that I really enjoy it!!

Current members
Paul Stanley – rhythm guitar, lead vocals (1972–present)
Gene Simmons – bass guitar, lead vocals (1972–present)
Tommy Thayer – lead guitar, vocals (2002–present)
Eric Singer – drums, percussion, vocals (1991–1996, 2001–2002, 2004–present)

Kiss (also typeset as KISS) was formed in 1972 in New York City and is one of the most famous rock band. They are easily identified by its members’ makeup and stage outfits. This group gained reputation due to elaborated live performances, where was usual they featured with fire breathing, blood spitting, smoking guitars and pyrotechnics. Kiss has been awarded 24 gold albums to date and their worldwide sales exceed 80 million albums.
With their makeup and costumes, they took on the personae of comic book-style characters: The Demon (Gene Simmons), Starchild (Peter Stanley), Spaceman (Ace Frehley), and Catman (Peter Criss). The band explains that the fans were the ones who ultimately chose their makeup designs. The "Demon" makeup reflected Simmons' cynicism and dark elements, as well as his love for comic books. Paul Stanley became the "Starchild" due to his tendency to be referred to as the "starry-eyed lover" and "hopeless romantic." Ace Frehley's "Spaceman" makeup was a reflection of him wanting to go for a ride in a space ship and supposedly being from another planet. Peter Criss' "Catman" makeup was in accordance with the belief that Criss had nine lives due to his rough childhood in Brooklyn.

1 comment: